Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Day one - let there be dirt!

I've allocated the space where a small raised bed will go.  I'm not sure what the size will be, but because I plan to plant only a few seeds, I don't want to take more space than I'll need at the moment.


Soon after, I paid the local Home Depot a visit.  I picked up some pavers, which, if I may add, are incredibly cheap at 41 cents a piece.  I also picked up some Nature's Care potting soil and a seed starting kit.  



The kit comes with pellets, which you water and plant the seeds inside, but I will not be using them.  Instead, I'll be planting directly into the dirt.


As for seeds... well, I'm pretty well-off right now.  I was given a wide range of seeds by my friends in Chicago, from peas, to orange watermelons, to heirloom tomatoes.  Everything I will be growing will come from organic seeds, grown in organic soil.  


On the tray I planted yellow and red heirloom tomatoes, as well as orange watermelons.  I was reminded how much fun peas were to grow, so I used the closest container I had to start growing a snow pea seed... my fiancé's Australia cup.  :)


That's all for today.  I spent way too much time in Home Depot, and I most definitely spent way too much time planting a grand total of 16 seeds in a small tray.  More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment