Monday, September 14, 2015

Onward we go!

So these guys look like they know where they're going... right through my window! I think I'm going to rotate the tray to try to make them grow the opposite way, hopefully making them grow straight up!  We'll see how that turns out..

As for the soil, it's still moist.  I think another day and I'll have to water it.


I did a fair amount of reading over the weekend about watermelon and tomato plants.  One source says that each watermelon vine must have an area no smaller than 5 feet by 5 feet.  Not sure how true that is, but our dogs are not going to be too happy if this is the case.  As for the tomato plants, I plan on doing something like this...
I think they'll look great against our white fence and help a lot with keeping the plants under control, allowing us to maximize the space.

Lastly, I want to end with some pictures of our 2-day old tomato seedlings.  Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment